In 2010 I started a little, weekly series in which I shared interesting links, articles or videos I had found during the week. I called it “Wochenend-Lektüre“. I don’t know why I stopped it after 10 episodes and so I want to restart it today with the name “Recommendations of the week”.
Here we go.
- Jill Greenberg opened her new exhibition Horse.
- On Quora this question popped up: “What are the best stories about people randomly meeting Steve Jobs?”. Tim Smith wrote a really humorous and lovely answer about him meeting the Jobs: “I saw him in his most personal element – family and friends – around a broken down car in Palo Alto one night, just by chance. I was lucky – and I was delighted.”.
- JWT created a pretty interesting list of 100 things to watch in 2012.
- Lightt is an app with a really interesting approach to record life. I’m not sure about calling it an Instagram killer.
- During Monday night’s presidential debate Ann Coulter called Obama “a retard” on Twitter . This is a great response by John Franklin Stephens, a man with Down syndrome.
- Loren Brichter, the developer of Tweetie, published his new app Letterpress, a word game for iOS. It’s really fun and very addictive.
- A nice interview with Erik Spiekermann on Design Matters.
- Who works with ‘Creative Coders’? Tim Stutts put together a list of companies.
If you want to follow all my text recommendations have a look at my quote.fm profile.
If you stumble upon interesting stuff during your week, just drop me a line.