- A long interview with Cameron Moll on thegreatdiscontent.com.
- Valve’s co-founder and managing director Gabe Newell talked about the future of games and he said some very interesting things. Even though I don’t agree with everything Valve is doing a very good job and I’m excited about the future.
” I think Windows 8 is a catastrophe for everyone in the PC space. I think we’ll lose some of the top-tier PC/OEMs, who will exit the market. “
“The big problem that is holding back Linux is games. People don’t realize how critical games are in driving consumer purchasing behavior.”
“We think touch is short-term. The mouse and keyboard were stable for 25 years, but I think touch will be stable for 10 years. Post-touch will be stable for a really long time, longer than 25 years.”
- Peter Molyneux, creator of games like Theme Park, Dungeon Keeper and Black & White, started a new project on Kickstarter to collect money for a remake of his game Populous. Sounds interesting.
- Get 5 inspiring design links every day: Sidebar.io is a nice newsletter project by Sacha Greif.
- Mark Boulton about the challenge of Responsive Advertising in times of responsive webdesign fixed, standardised sizes.
- Just do something.